Saturday, 29 May 2010

Where Giants Live Not Die

Yorkshire Sculpture Park.

It's coming to that time where almost every weekend gets filled with social activities (who am I kidding, I've been there 6 weeks already...), and there's so many other things happening it's hard to choose what to do. Well here's one for the ring of consideration - the only sculpture park in Europe.

In contrast to the equally magnificent airplane graveyards in the U.S., this location gives me the sense of fresh, green life. For the landscape, and walking, and having the opportunity to view pieces that capture your interest from first glimpse until you can touch and be dwarfed by them. And the many many photographs I'm certain will await. It strikes as a flare and depth of field paradise!

Watch a short (7min) film about the park and it's ambitions, contains a small selection of works on display. This is also available from the Park homepage.


Image (c) Adam Foster | Codefor 
via Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment