How time flies. No posts since November; nothing about the Southfields Theatre Group pantomime (run concluded last night), no posts about Christmas (least said the better), nor new year (a perfect evening - very unusual).
And so to 2011, to begin to climb the slippery slope that is actively deciding what I'm going to do for the next couple of years. Rather, readying myself to face challenges and criticisms and dead ends with vim, vigour, wit and imagination - and that's just my father!
I'll start with the distance learning course - The Writers Bureau have sent a card offering £120 off their fees, making a course that could last a year only £30 than a 12 week class based. I'll need the people contact of course, but between London Writers, twitter, NonMX, and Kid In The Front Row there'll be no end of available opinions and debates to absorb and be inspired by.
And to finish I'll go full circle back to my title. Having repeatedly monikered each passing annum from 2006, The Year of Louise, we're trying a new tack this year. Lots. More. Books. Everything else will fall in place around that solitary peace and contemplation, and I'll try to learn from brief, thematic reviews how to recognise structure and arcs, and emotional impact to make my writing pop. Onwards...
Happy New Year everyone.
If You See Me, Say Hello
-
Hey Old Friend, This blog ended many years ago. For years - I mourned its
lost. I felt sad that the version of me that wrote it no longer could. I
always ...
3 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment