This week you have 25 words to responde to the prompt, the lottery ticket, and as this has to be mentioned you get 28 words to tell your microfiction.
The lottery ticket glowed, it's halo reflecting the television screen. Balls tumbling. Lunatic presenter muted.
One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. John blinked, murmured.
"Nothing this week, love".

I love your concrete images. The balls spilling out, the lunatic presenter! This is very visual and well constructed. I could feel the silence of the muted TV.
ReplyDeleteThanks..........cj
I like the build-up, with the shift to neutral at the end. It's nicely worded.
ReplyDeletexoRobyn
Very nicely written, I can see the room in my mind. Well done! Kat
ReplyDeleteI love the same old, same old feeling you created here. Was it muting the presenter that did it? Perfect photo to accompany your words.
ReplyDeleteI hate it when I don't even get one number right LOL. Loved your take on the prompt.
ReplyDeleteThank you everyone, for reading and kind words.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed your story ... i loved the same old same old that we all feel ...
ReplyDeleteOh unlucky!
ReplyDeleteYou painted an accurate picture of most lottery ticket owners who never win but never give up hoping or playing...Liked it a lot. :)
ReplyDeleteLaughing out loud, so glad i was sipping my soda - I loved this! WAY GREAT
ReplyDelete*sigh*
ReplyDeleteA nice slice of life here.
=)
Hi John!
ReplyDeleteI'm still laughing over 'unyeilding parsimony'.
I have to find a way to work that into a sentence this week for sure!
Love the visualization you shared here in this micro-gem!
Thanks for linking up!
I'm really getting into your writing style.